Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Show Us Your Life - Tailgates and Favorite Teams

I think you all know I'm crazy about my Arkansas Razorbacks! My parents both went to the U of A and we have been coming to games as long as I can remember. I thought I would share some of my favorite recent pictures and memories (even though I have a lifetime of these).
In 2006 - College Game Day came to Fayetteville for the first time when AR and TN were both ranked. We got up early and came and watched the show and then we BEAT the vols that night. We were not quite "#1" but that night it felt like it!
One of our favorite game day experiences is when our families can come and be with us. Scott's parents usually come up for one game every year. They are coming this weekend for the Auburn game only just the men are going this time.
My parents come for every game so it always gives us an excuse to see them. My dad also comes to most basketball games - he is a crazy fan. I love basketball SO MUCH too but my very favorite is Football. I can not stand baseball (sorry to all of you who love it).
In September 2003 - Scott and I went to Austin with my family to watch the Hogs beat Texas. That was so fun but it was also the HOTTEST I have ever been in my life. It was an 11:00 kickoff and we were sitting in the direct sun. It's also the most sunburnt I've ever been.
Scott and I went to Los Angeles to see Arkansas play USC in the coliseum a few years ago. It was such a fun trip. The game - not so much. I've tried to erase the score from my memory but I'm pretty sure it was like 77-14. yikes.
In 2002 I hitched along with a group of people going to watch the hogs play in Knoxville. I only knew a few of this group but I've always wanted to go to a game in Neylend Stadium so bad. I had a great time but once again we lost. In 6 overtimes. BRUTAL. The Tennessee people were SO nice - I would love to go there again. It's a dream of mine to visit all SEC stadiums at least once before I die. I really need to get moving on that. I have 10 more to go.
I love this picture because it was Harper's FIRST Razorback game. I was about 5 months pregnant. This was also the first time I really felt Harper kick a lot - during the game. I guess all my screaming and jumping got her excited. ha!
My friend Hillary is as crazy as I am about the hogs. In fact - we got season tickets the same year and out of almost 80,000 seats - we wound up right next to each other which to this day we still think is amazing. She got married last year and we all posed with Hog noses! How cute is that? I wish we would have done that at our wedding!
And of course my favorite tradition now is dressing Harper up for game day. I can't wait until we can start taking her to games. It will probably be a few years but I hope she grows up loving college football and the hogs as much as I do. I'm pretty sure she has no choice.

The Razorbacks have a tradition of Calling the Hogs! We do it all the time at games, pep rallys, just randomly walking down the street (just kidding). We raise our arms and shake our hands and yell:
Whooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Pig Sooie
Whooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Pig Sooie
Whooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Pig Sooie
and then shake our fists and say "RAZORBACKS"

Our team also has the tradition of running out into an "A" formed by the band at every game!

Hog fans love to tailgate as pretty much every school does. What you will probably find the most at each tailgate is Barbeque. We love BBQ in Arkansas. Which is ironic - if you think about the fact we are eating "pork". ha!

Let's hear it for your teams!

P.S. I HAVE TO END THIS WITH: GO HOGS BEAT AUBURN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Update: you asked for it so here it is:

No comments:

Post a Comment