Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Show Us Your Life - Pets

Today is all about Show us your Pets! Most of you know that this is my dog Dawson. Scott gave him to me for Christmas in 2002. A year before we got married. We had gone to Barnes and Noble one day in November or December and someone was outside selling little Bichon puppies. I had never seen a Bichon before but I held one and loved it so much. And then right before Christmas one cold night - Scott rang my doorbell and when I opened it - he pulled this little white ball of fur out of his coat. And it was love at first sight.
I put him in my bathroom right off my bedroom that night with a baby gate. He bounced and cried all night. I tried it again the next night. Same thing. So the third night I gave in and put him in bed with me. Seven years later and he still sleeps with me. Only now it's right between me and Scott.
Bichons are great dogs because they have sweet personalities and they don't shed! They are great for people with allergies.
But in these two pictures - you can see how life has changed this year. Dawson used to be the grand dog. He used to be #1 around here.
And someone has stolen his place. (Don't worry - my dad wasn't driving the 4 wheeler in either of these pictures. They just sat on it for pictures).

But Dawson will always be my first baby and I dread the day he ever goes to doggie heaven. He is my little shadow. He follows me constantly. He loves Scott but he is a momma's baby.

Tell us about your pets!?!?!

P.S. I'd also love it if you would go read Shaun's post and Patricia's post. They are worth a few minutes of your time!

No comments:

Post a Comment