Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Show Us Your Life - Christmas Trees

Christmas Tour of Homes with The Nester

Hello!!!

Welcome to my home! I'm excited to share my Christmas decorations and participate in the Nester Christmas Tour of Homes. (If you are a blog reader of mine - I'm not going to do a MckLinky - I thought we could all just sign up on the Nester!)

This is my bright red and green and zebra tree in our dining room. I got this tree for like 75% off a couple of years ago. I used it as our main tree last year. I have kind of collected the ornaments over the last few years and I made some of them.
Last year I made a lot of these monogram ornaments for gifts - and I made them for our family!
I love the big present ornament and the zebra ornament above it. I got both of those at major sales after the holidays! (It pays to shop after not before!)
Another fun idea was to get large (or small) balls and instead of hooks - use fun ribbon to tie them on the tree.
Our first year in this house - we bought this big 9 ft tree. I use a lot of golds and browns on it.
I bought these letter ornaments several years ago and bought 2 H's - just in case I ever finally got my Harper and Hudson. Or Harper and (Hadlee, Hattie, Holden, Hutton.....whatever name we use if we have another girl). ha!
I used stickers to put our monogram on large balls on this tree also!
Some of my favorite gold and brown ornaments
When I was single - I had this little tree and now we use it in our kitchen and I use only gold ornaments and gold mesh. My kitchen and breakfast room are all in golds and browns so I love how it looks in here.

And this year I added this little pink tree in Harper's room and I'm in LOVE with it! I took down her changing pad off the dresser my dad made her a few weeks ago because she is just too big and I'm not just using it like a dresser top.
I love the pink, green and brown ornaments. I've been saving these for a while to use!
A few of these ornaments on this tree were special gifts to her this year.


No comments:

Post a Comment