Thursday, August 6, 2009

SHOW US YOUR LIFE - Wedding Party and Flowers/Ceremony

Several of you have sent me buttons for this blog series and I'm still working on picking one to use. So hopefully by next week.............at least I finally got all the links in one place! ha!

So this week is all about showing us the rest of your wedding (except the reception). Tell us about your wedding.......what songs did you have, who was in your wedding party, .....really anything you want to show or tell about.

I'm SO sad because I just don't have any pictures to put on here. I'm too tired and lazy to go scan any in so I'll just put up two I happen to have on my computer.

We got married on November 1, 2003. I love fall and I love fall colors. I still really like my bridesmaid dresses and we all carried fall flowers. I got married at my parent's church in the town I grew up in. My dad is a Baptist Pastor and he not only walked me down the aisle but he performed the ceremony and that was special to me. At the end of the wedding - he gave us the Bible he used to marry us and he and mom had engraved our names on it. It's the Bible I use today. Scott and I put together a wedding slide show that we showed at our wedding that showed pictures of us growing up and then during our dating years. There were three songs in that slide show "A page is turned" by Bebo Norman, "Could Not ask for more" by Edwin McCain, and "Walk with Me" (I can't remember who it's by but it's a great song). Oh we also had the Razorback fight song in the middle with all of our Razorback pictures. I had a family friend sing "My Reedemer" by Stephen Curtis Chapman.
We got married at 2 in the afternoon so after we did pictures, we ate pizza for lunch while we waited for the wedding. So my mom had us all aprons monogrammed with our names on them so we didn't get messed up! ha!
I had 4 bridesmaids: Laurie - she was my maid of honor. She is my best friend who I've been friends with since college. Next is Megan - a sweet friend I've had for years and she moved away to NC right after her wedding and I miss her still. Next is Hillary. She and Megan were best friends from college and Laurie and I got to know them many years ago. She got married last September and moved to Little Rock. And last is Kandi. Kandi was my Matron of Honor and was my college roommate. She and her husband are celebrating FIFTEEN years of marriage today which doesn't seem possible. Each of these girls are so special to me. I was so thankful to have them with me on my big day!

UPDATE: My mom came to my rescue and sent me a few more pics to share:
I loved the long train on my dress - I felt very Grace Kelly from the back!

I need to note that we got married in the fall and I had to schedule around the Razorback's. We got married on an away game day. But the hogs played at Kentucky that day and it ended up being a 7 overtime game that we won. So we missed a very exciting game (but it was worth it).
My bouquet.....I loved the colors!

I look forward to reading about each of your big days!

No comments:

Post a Comment